Red-naped sapsucker

  • larosaco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hello Everyone,
      This afternoon around 1pm Allison Rofe and I found a RED-NAPED SAPSUCKER at Riverside park in Ukiah. It was in a tree along the fence of the main paved walkway. Travelling south on the path it was just past the bmx track on the right hand side. Red plumage was present on the back of the head, ruling out a YBSA. We took LOTS of pictures. This was also a life bird for Allison. Here's a link to the pic https://picasaweb.google.com/sethsells/January112013?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLeP-ZuMwNKNVQ&feat=directlink
      Thanks - Seth LaRosa