what to look for for Arctic Loon

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      8 Jan 2012 - This video clip of an Arctic Loon was taken at Monterey Harbor last Sunday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irbdVFePnwE You can also find the link on today's Calbird website. I recommend watching the youtube video as it gives great clarity to the amount of white that shows on the flanks of this species. We should always be on the lookout for this species along the Mendocino Coast during winter. Years ago Matthew Matthiessen reported one ...but there was not sufficient documentation for it to be accepted by the CBRC. Good birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>

      [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
      Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
      4070 University Rd.
      Hopland, CA 95449