Crowfoot Ranch Eurasian Wigeon

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      Hello All. On my way north this afternoon I made a brief stop by the Crowfoot Ranch on Highway 101, north of Hopland. There's a large Canada Goose flock that winters there, and in the past I've seen most of the uncommon geese mixed in. Today there were about 20 CACKLING GEESE. Additionally, there was a large puddle that had attracted about 80 American Wigeons; in with them was a single female EURASIAN WIGEON. Her rufous head was really obvious in the low afternoon sunlight.

      Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Potter Valley/Baton Rouge