Burrowing Owls

  • gchaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013
      Thu, 03 Jan 2013 -- Late this afternoon I drove to the end of Burris Lane in Potter Valley, and I had two BURROWING OWLS in view at the same time from the high point in the road near the pond. One was about 50 yards to the SW at the foot of the facing hill on the far side of an unused track which runs across the flat(good binoculars view). It (presumably one) has been seen at two burrow mouths in this area since 2 Dec. The second was about 400 yards to the SE below a group of rocks on the distant grassy hillside (scope necessary). Chuck Vaughn, Seth LaRosa, Allison Rofe, and I saw this bird in the same location on 1 Jan.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA