Caspar Pond

  • Jessica Morton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
      Near dusk on New Year's Day, Caspar Pond was wonderfully busy, mostly
      with "r" ducks: Ruddies, Ring-Necked, and the continuing 2 male
      Redhead, along with the usual Coots. The formerly-lone male Hooded
      Merganser now has an entourage of 3 females.
    • AlbionWood
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2014
        10 September 2014 (Wednesday) - Checking the Caspar Pond for the first
        time in a while, I was pleased to find an immature Wood Duck, Gadwall,
        Shovelers, and a female Teal sp. More surprising were two Cliff
        Swallows flying around with six Vaux's Swifts.

        Altogether we found 23 species in about 15 minutes.

        Cheers,
        Tim