RFI: High elevation stuff

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2003
      Hi all. I'm planning on taking a couple of birding friends back home this
      weekend to look for some of the stuff that has been seen along the coast
      recently, and would like a little help with some other things, namely high
      elevation birds and Owls. What sort of birds would be up around the Hull
      Mountain/Mount Sanhedrin this time of year? I'm assuming things like
      White-headed Woodpecker, Mountain Chickadee, Blue Grouse and Townsend's
      Solitaire will be around. Is there anything else we should keep an eye out
      for up there? Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go to see these
      or other good high elevation birds? Also, we're interested in looking for
      the Barred Owls at Montgomery Woods. Has anyone seen or heard them lately?
      Thanks in advance for any information you can give. Also, if you'd like to
      go birding with three sharp young (we're 20, 19, and 18) birders, you'd be
      more than welcome to come along. Just drop me an email.

      Good birding
      Matt Brady
      UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz