Re: [Mendobirds] Tundra Swans

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2012
      Thanks for your confirmation, Beth and Jeff! We counted 8 Tundra Swans with 1 Snow Goose and 49 Canada Geese on Saturday, too. There were several raptor species on the Garcia Flats, as well - Northern Harrier, Red-shoulder Hawk near the willows, and 2 Red-tailed Hawks, and a Peregrin Falcon along Lighthouse Road. There were 2 Pacific Golden-Plovers near the rental houses at the Point Arena Lighthouse along with 6 Killdeer and an unusually demarcated (totally white nape) Common Loon at Arena Cove, as well.

      Good Birding and Happy Holidays-
      Rich Kuehn / Dean Schuler

      On Dec 24, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Jeff Petit <bethandjeff35@...> wrote:

      > Good Morning,
      >
      > There are 8 Tundra Swans at the Garcia River flats right now. As of this morning, we have not seen Al at Point Arena Pier. We check daily.
      >
      > Beth and Jeff Petit
      > 12-24-12
      > Point Arena

      Richard Kuehn
      WindandSea at The Sea Ranch
      windnsea@...

      Remember: Life is NOT a dress-rehearsal!

    • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 20, 2014
        12/20/14

        Richard Kuehn reported seeing six Tundra Swans this morning from Miner’s Hole Road.

        No sign of our favorite Laysan Albatross.

        Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
      • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3 12:52 PM
          2/2/16

          Hi All,
            I had a report of 60 Tundra Swans on Lighthouse Road in Point Arena on Tuesday morning, 2/2/16. He said there were 58 in one group and 2 more in a small pond about a 1/4 mile away. He sent in a photo showing them on north side of the road, with some flying and others in the lush grasses.
            Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay