Tundra Swans

  • Jeff Petit
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
      Good Morning,

      There are 8 Tundra Swans at the Garcia River flats right now.  As of this morning, we have not seen Al at Point Arena Pier.  We check daily.

      Beth and Jeff Petit
      12-24-12
      Point Arena

    • Richard Kuehn
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
        Thanks for your confirmation, Beth and Jeff! We counted 8 Tundra Swans with 1 Snow Goose and 49 Canada Geese on Saturday, too. There were several raptor species on the Garcia Flats, as well - Northern Harrier, Red-shoulder Hawk near the willows, and 2 Red-tailed Hawks, and a Peregrin Falcon along Lighthouse Road. There were 2 Pacific Golden-Plovers near the rental houses at the Point Arena Lighthouse along with 6 Killdeer and an unusually demarcated (totally white nape) Common Loon at Arena Cove, as well.

        Good Birding and Happy Holidays-
        Rich Kuehn / Dean Schuler

        On Dec 24, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Jeff Petit <bethandjeff35@...> wrote:

        > Good Morning,
        >
        > There are 8 Tundra Swans at the Garcia River flats right now. As of this morning, we have not seen Al at Point Arena Pier. We check daily.
        >
        > Beth and Jeff Petit
        > 12-24-12
        > Point Arena

        Richard Kuehn
        WindandSea at The Sea Ranch
        windnsea@...

        Remember: Life is NOT a dress-rehearsal!

      • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2014
          12/20/14

          Richard Kuehn reported seeing six Tundra Swans this morning from Miner’s Hole Road.

          No sign of our favorite Laysan Albatross.

          Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay