It's not confirmed but...a sighting of Al!

  • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2012
      Hello All,
      I just received a sighting from Nancy Morin that she saw our favorite LAYSAN ALBATROSS, Al, yesterday afternoon 12/22/12. Here’s her email message:

      Hi Jeanne,

      I saw Al off the Point Arena Pier yesterday afternoon. Didn't have my camera with me and by the time I had gone home to get it and back to the Pier he was not around, but it definitely was him, in fine feather despite the rain.

      Nancy

      We have some calm weather for tomorrow so hopefully we can get confirmation. Maybe one of you will see Point Arena’s most famous visitor tomorrow.
      Fingers crossed, Jeanne

    • Diane Hichwa
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2012
        I hope she's rightŠand that a second person can confirm!
        Diane Hichwa

        Email: dhichwa@...

        Telephone: 707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
        707-483-3130 (cell)
        More Tail Wagging!!! Less Barking!!
        Millie 2007

        From: Jeanne & Rick Jackson <jackson2@...>
        Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 16:18:35 -0800
        To: Mendobirds <Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com>
        Cc: Mell+Linda Smith <mellsmith@...>, Grace Steurer
        <steurer@...>, Diane Hichwa <dhichwa@...>
        Subject: It's not confirmed but...a sighting of Al!

        Hello All,
        I just received a sighting from Nancy Morin that she saw our favorite
        LAYSAN ALBATROSS, Al, yesterday afternoon 12/22/12. Here¹s her email
        message:

        Hi Jeanne,

        I saw Al off the Point Arena Pier yesterday afternoon. Didn't have my camera
        with me and by the time I had gone home to get it and back to the Pier he
        was not around, but it definitely was him, in fine feather despite the rain.

        Nancy

        We have some calm weather for tomorrow so hopefully we can get confirmation.
        Maybe one of you will see Point Arena¹s most famous visitor tomorrow.
        Fingers crossed, Jeanne