Peregrine Falcon

  • birdmanofthewoods4
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
      The PEREGRIN FALCON that seems to return to the Mendocino Headlands the last few winters is back. Also known to me as "Gull Killer". At least I think it is the same bird as it is hunting the exact same spot it does every winter. It is possible another falcon has found the same perfect ambush spot, but I think it is "The Slayer of Gulls" and it is back.

      Mendocino Headlands is off of Heesser Drive west of Mendocino. The spot is directly out west from Bird Rock on the furthest rock. Look just to the right of the spine. Look for the bird that is trying to look like a rock.