Ukiah CBC Area 2: Black-headed Grosbeak, Hybrid Sapsucker, Herring Gull 12.15.12

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2012
      I assume most local birders have heard about these, but if you haven't...

      1) Female Black-headed Grosbeak on private property in Calpella on Central Ave.
      2) Red-naped/Red-breasted Sapsucker hybrid on private property off of Lake Mendocino Dr.
      3) Herring Gull spotted at L Mendocino south boat ramp.

      Other nice birds included a Merlin down by the lake at the Pomo Campground and one perennial Common Gallinule at the College middle pond.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah