No sign of our favorite Laysan Albatross

  • jackson_us
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
      Hi All,
      A visiting birder was in Point Arena a week or so ago and thought he might have spotted Al by the bell buoy. However I have no confirmed sighting of him/her yet.

      Ken, from Alabama, asked me to post this: Hi, Could you post, or perhaps ask someone else to post, the arrival dates for the Laysan Albatross in prior years? I traveled 3 different years to see this bird, and I'm starting to worry. :( Thanks, -ken archambault, birmingham, alabama

      Robert, could you post the comings and goings of Al? Last year Al arrived on Dec. 6th. So we still have hope. We have had a lot of stormy weather. The Albatross disappears during storms so it's possible it returned but isn't in the waters off the Point Arena Pier.

      I will let you know as soon as I hear that our favorite Laysan has returned. Fingers crossed, Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
    • Ron LeValley
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
        Check out the link here on the Mendocino Coast Audubon Society web site.

        http://www.mendocinocoastaudubon.org/mcas_al.html

        Ron