Point Arena Outing

  • Rich T
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      Point Arena

      Hello -

      This morning Nancy and I birded for an hour in Point Arena near the cemetery and then Stoneboro Road. There was a SORA calling in the pond across Highway 1 from the cemetery. Could be of interest for the CBC on the 29th.

      At Hunter's Lagoon (located at the end of Barnegat Road off of Stoneboro Road) there was an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER which, again, may be of interest for the CBC. There was a lone TUNDRA SWAN at the regular wintering spot on the Stornetta Ranch. With the Swan was a single SNOW GOOSE.

      Raptors were everywhere. Several NORTHERN HARRIERS, two WHITE-TAILED KITES, one PEREGRINE FALCON, one FERRUGINOUS HAWK, one SHARP-SHINNED HAWK, several RED-TAILED and RED-SHOULDERED HAWKS, and a few AMERICAN KESTRELS.

      Interesting non-birds were a RIVER OTTER on the lagoon and a BOBCAT on the ranch.

      Good Birding,

      Rich Trissel
      Gualala