Pileated Woodpecker

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
      On my way in to Fort Bragg today I saw a Pileated Woodpecker cross the road
      from west to east at Jughandle Creek.

      Ron LeValley

    • Frank Sanderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26
        I realize that for much of Mendocino County seeing a Pileated Woodpecker is no big deal, however for Darliss and me starting from scratch on our new Yard List this mornings sighting was exciting!  With the Pileated sighting this AM it brings our yard count up to 31 yet a far cry from our Redding Yard List which totaled 118 (and did Not including a Pileated). With the days growing longer we look forward to add many more to our growing list.
        Luck!
        F&D Sanderson
        Brook Trails (Willits), CA