Continuing Coastside Ducks

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2012
      Sat, 8 Dec 2012 -- Jim and I drove down to Caspar this morning and saw the REDHEADs
      posted yesterday.  They are at Caspar Pond and easy to see adjacent to hwt 1 at Fern
      Creek Rd.
      Later, we stopped at the north end of Ward Ave, Cleone, a saw 3 BLACK SCOTERs (one
      male and two females).  The ocean is fairly rough today, so not many sea ducks could
      be seen.  The beach is a part of MacKerricher SP, north of Lake Cleone and just south of
      the Ten Mile Dunes / Fen Reserve area of the park.

      Karen and Jim Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca