Coast CBCs

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2012
      Greetings Mendobirders - Mendocino Coast Audubon Society invites you to
      participate in our coastal Christmas Bird Counts. The first will be
      held on Saturday, December 22, centered on Fort Bragg; the second will
      be the following Saturday, December 29, centered on Manchester. There
      are opportunities in both Counts for birders at any level of experience.
      You can stay home and count birds at your feeder, get up before dawn
      and hoot for Owls, drive around town, or hike through fields and forests.

      These are always productive and exciting Counts. Last year we had 135
      species in the Manchester circle, and 149 species in the Fort Bragg
      circle - including a first confirmed County record for Baltimore Oriole.

      On Monday, December 17, we will hold a special meeting of the MCAS to
      review the expected and possible species and other details of the
      coastal Counts. This meeting will be held in Fort Bragg Town Hall
      starting at 7:00 PM. Anyone wishing to participate in either Count is
      encouraged to attend.

      To participate in the Fort Bragg Count, contact Tim Bray:
      tbray@... (707-937-4422)

      To join the Manchester count, contact David Jensen: djensen@...
      (707-964-8163)

      Happy birding,