Virgin Creek

  • birdmanofthewoods3
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2012
      Nice sunny day for a trip to Virgin Creek along the Fort Bragg haulroad. Saw a male GREEN-WINGED TEAL which was not totally right (see photo posting link below), but still plenty beautiful. Not quite in breeding plumage? Also a male NORTHERN PINTAIL with two females, RUDDY DUCK, SURF SCOTTER, etc. etc. Good duck day on Virgin Creek.

      Also seen our accidental YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD who persists at Virgin Creek and now has a harem of two female BREWERS BLACKBIRDS. I'm looking forward to some xanthocephalus x cyanocephalus hybrids come this spring. A long shot since they are seperate genuses I know, but then we would have a semi-yellowed-headed blackbird.

    • featherbirdlady3
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19, 2016
        This afternoon: five Marbled Godwits, at least three Willets, a single
        Whimbrel, several Heerman's Gulls, a Mew Gull, a single Least Sandpiper
        (?) not sure and cannot remember my password to get onto the group page. I
        am sure someone on Facebook will tell me :)

        Feather (Lisa)
      • ramsman@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2016
          Hi,

          To correct my post from yesterday.  I did NOT observe the Baird's Sandpiper. Upon further review it was a Least Sandpiper.

          Sorry. Dave Barry
          Santa Rosa