birds and buckeyes

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2012
      Dear Birders,

      I am seeking any and all observations you may have made of birds nesting in, foraging on, or taking cover in California buckeye trees. I would also observations of butterflies you have observed on buckeye flowers, mammals utilizing the trees for forage or cover, and mammals eating or carrying the seeds. If you would pass this on to other birding listservs you belong to I would appreciate it.

      Thanks!

      Kate

      Kate Marianchild
      Nature Writer
      katem@...

      Currently working on Secrets of the Oak Woodlands,
      a book about interrelationships, survival strategies
      social structures, and other fascinating aspects
      of the plants and animals that live among
      California's magnificent oaks. To be published
      Heyday in 2014.

    • Kate Marianchild