Continuing Palm Warbler - Ocean Meadows

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012

      19 Nov 2012 -- I spotted likely the same PALM WARBLER seen briefly in
      our yard two weeks ago.  Also in attendance was a Dark-eyed "Oregon"
      Junco, which is rare in this neighborhood.  Jim managed a quick look
      at the warbler.

      Karen and Jim Havlena
      Ocean Meadows / Ten Mile Area
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca

    • Kate Marianchild
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2012
        Dear Birders,

        I am seeking any and all observations you may have made of birds nesting in, foraging on, or taking cover in California buckeye trees. I would also observations of butterflies you have observed on buckeye flowers, mammals utilizing the trees for forage or cover, and mammals eating or carrying the seeds. If you would pass this on to other birding listservs you belong to I would appreciate it.

        Thanks!

        Kate

        Kate Marianchild
        Nature Writer
        katem@...

        Currently working on Secrets of the Oak Woodlands,
        a book about interrelationships, survival strategies
        social structures, and other fascinating aspects
        of the plants and animals that live among
        California's magnificent oaks. To be published
        Heyday in 2014.

      • Kate Marianchild