Rose-breasted Grosbeak north of Fort Bragg

  • carolynkinet
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012
      Friday, Nov. 16, 2012. This morning I noticed what looked like a Grosbeak in my feeder. After checking a couple of guides, I thought it was a ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK, first year male. Was still not quite sure, but then I watched it fly into the feeder and saw the rosy-red color under the wings that clinched it. It has been around all morning.

      Carolyn Kinet
      Inglenook - approx. 5 miles north of Fort Bragg on Highway 1.