Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , Nov 14, 2012
      Yesterday the EURASIAN WIGEON continued at the small pond at mm 21 on Highway 29 west of Lower Lake.
      The BURROWING OWL was out but just barely visible on Callayomi Road off of Butts Canyon Road near Middletown. From the residence at 21751 Callayomi Rd there is a drainage ditch that goes in a southeasterly direction. The owl was on the 4th dirt mound out, visible from that location. The bird was somewhat easier to see after driving on south past the house and looking directly across at that particular mound.
      The LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS continue at mm 4.59 on Butts Canyon Road just west of Detert Reservoir.

      At Lakeside County Park late afternoon there were an estimated 1000 Bonaparte's Gulls. About 500 of these were in a feeding frenzy close to the swimbeach shoreline. One of the the birds still had the summer plumage dark hood. Jerry White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745

         Steve Stump