Around Potter Valley

  • gchaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2012
      Wed, 07 Nov 2012 - On Wednesday I found a PRAIRIE FALCON about one mile up Pine Avenue sitting on a fence post eating a ground-squirrel. There were at least three SAY'S PHOEBES along Pine Avenue and a GOLDEN EAGLE sitting conspicuously in a tree near the end of the pavement.

      Thu, 08 Nov 2012 - Today there was a GOLDEN EAGLE diving at ground-squirrels near the pond on Burris Lane and four LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS in the tops of oaks east of the pond. They are pretty regular and easy to find now.
      Today there was a huge influx of robins with the rain squalls.