Lapland longspur

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2012
      Longspur continued yesterday by the monument.

      From town of Mendocino, The monument is on Heeser Drive at the first of only 3 or 4 pullouts along Heeser drive (west side of the road). Its the largest parking area along the headlands. The monument is a stone with an engraving/ plaque... (At least that's what we figured...)-not the tiki wood statue...

      The bird stayed in the brush (lots of Savannah sparrows in the area too) and ocasionally flew down toward the lower trails on the bluffs nearer to the ocean, only to come right back up to the area of the monument. Each time the bird flew we heard a distinct call.

      Nice to see you Tim!

      Sarah Wagner and Dave Flaim
      Sent from my iPhone