white-headed RUDU

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2003
      Greetings Mendobirders: This morning (1/25) at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment
      Plant I watched a white-headed Ruddy Duck for a long time, maybe trying to
      turn it into something it wasn't. This bird has an absolutely snow-white
      head and enough white in the feathers on its back to give lots of contrast
      there. In profile it is a RUDU; it stayed with the RUDU; except for the
      white plumage it looked like a RUDU; so... There were also at least 8 Tree
      Swallows still along the foraging along the river and over the pond, and I
      wonder if they aren't here to stay?

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn