Black Scoters - Ward Ave, Cleone

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      Fri, 2 Nov 2012 -- Four, adult male BLACK SCOTERS have arrived at the north
      end of Ward Avenue, Cleone.  Having checked this spot several times lately,
      today I saw 3-4 flocks of scoters flying south from my window.  I drove directly
      to Ward Avenue and scoped the (now) larger groups of Surf Scoters.  While there,
      I noticed an adult male WHITE-WINGED SCOTER fly south with another flock
      of scoters.  I hoped for, but did not see any Long-tailed Duck(s).
      A COOPER'S HAWK was swooping low over the beach below, chasing a flock of
      AMERICAN PIPITS.
      Ward Avenue is a very, short distance north of the main entrance to MacKerricher
      State Park on Hwy 1, north of Fort Bragg.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca