Lake Co: Say's Phoebe @ Nice-Lucerne Cutoff; Phainopepla at Austin Park

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2012
      I birded at Lake Co today. Best was a Say's Phoebe at the Nice-Lucerne Cutoff. It was on the south side of the road on a fence running North to South located between the "Kim Vann for Congress" sign and the Caltrans "Round About Open" sign.

      There were also 15 Long-billed Dowitchers, a Greater Yellowlegs, and a Pectoral Sandpiper at Rodman Slough.

      Borax Lake had lots of nice ducks and Eared Grebes, but I saw nothing special.

      As a followup to Jerry White's report of the Phainopeplas at Austin Park in Clearlake, I could only find one of the three (which took me an hour). There were also 8 Herring Gulls on the dock just to the south mixed in with all the California Gulls.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah