Lapland Longspur continues

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2012
      Spotted the Lapland Longspur on the Mendocino Headlands today by the memorial marker.... south parking area..... he was hanging around with some Savannah Sparrows as well as on his own. I managed three so-so shots of him but he's maintaining his feeding territory around the marker, so he was easy to find and re-find.

      The photos are here:

      Feather (Lisa)

    • featherbirdlady3
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7
        I visited Glass Beach this morning, and spotted the Lapland Longspur in
        the precise area that Ms Havlena outlined (Thanks, Karen!). I was able to
        get a lot of photos and showed him to a couple who were walking the area -
        they were very careful not to spook him. He was very cooperative and
        stayed close to the edge of the cliff above the beach with the pipe

        Feather Forestwalker (Lisa D Walker-Roseman)
        Fort Bragg, CA