Lapland Longspur continues

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28 3:35 PM
      Spotted the Lapland Longspur on the Mendocino Headlands today by the memorial marker.... south parking area..... he was hanging around with some Savannah Sparrows as well as on his own. I managed three so-so shots of him but he's maintaining his feeding territory around the marker, so he was easy to find and re-find.

      The photos are here:

      Feather (Lisa)

    • featherbirdlady3
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7
        I visited Glass Beach this morning, and spotted the Lapland Longspur in
        the precise area that Ms Havlena outlined (Thanks, Karen!). I was able to
        get a lot of photos and showed him to a couple who were walking the area -
        they were very careful not to spook him. He was very cooperative and
        stayed close to the edge of the cliff above the beach with the pipe

        Feather Forestwalker (Lisa D Walker-Roseman)
        Fort Bragg, CA