Eurasian Wigeon at Willits WWTP

  • nexttothelastmanonearth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2012
      Fri. Oct. 26, 2012

      Dear fellow birders,

      Joined-at-the-hip Dave Bengston and Jack Booth accompanied me to the Willits Wastewater Treatment Plant this morning. Highlight was a Eurasian Wigeon. Jack got a nice picture of it, thanks to his new camera lens (which is about the size of a bazooka). The wigeon was at the northern pond.

      Other birds of interest include more than a dozen (closer to 20, I think) White-tailed Kite (Dave has a more accurate count on ebird), a Merlin (1), Cinnamon Teal (several, Jack's first of season), Greater Scaup (1), Green-winged Teal (many), and the usual suspects.

      At the Skateboard Park and ponds north, we had a Townsend's Warbler, Peregrine Falcon, and Sharp-shinned Hawk, among the other regular denizens.

      See yesterday's post for directions to the WWTP. The Plant has a new check-in clipboard, so be sure to check in and out if you go.

      Good birding!
      Mike Curry
      Willits