Surf Scoters and more

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24 6:21 AM
      Chuck Vaughn on an audubon field trip found two SURF SCOTERS at the Kelsey Creek outlet on Sunday.
      I looked Monday with no success. Yesterday I went again to the outlet and Dave Woodward was there and had refound the birds.
      On both Monday and Tuesday on the walk through the riparian woodlands to the outlet there was a Pacific Wren calling.
      Yesterday there were at least 10 White-throated Swifts seen soaring over. This was a first for Clear Lake State Park (now 216 species on that list and 173 species on the outlet list).
      Also at the outlet yesterday was a SWAMP SPARROW. Jerry White