Coastal House Wren and Others - Virgin Ck Area

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2012

      18 Oct 2012 -- This morning I heard buzzing and saw a HOUSE WREN being harassed
      by a couple of crowned sparrows!  This was in the field where a trail goes from the Haul
      Road east on State Parks property to the official parking area north of Virgin Creek.  The
      wren flew from bush to bush to get away.

      An imm PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER was with three Killdeer at the high wrack line east of
      a small pool on the main beach, about 50 yards north of Virgin Ck.  A CACKLING GOOSE
      was with a flock of Canada Geese on the dry sand of the main beach.

      This area is part of MacKerricher SP, just north of the Fort Bragg city limits.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca