Lake Pillsbury area; Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2012
      Stan Beach called on Monday saying he had 2 BURROWING OWLS at the northwest corner of Lake Pillsbury in an area that is now a dry lakebed. I went up yesterday and found one of the owls he reported.
      Also in that general location there was a White-throated Sparrow ( the 2nd one for the day as I had one earlier that morning) a flock of 7 Greater White-fronted Geese and 3 Cackling Geese. On the drive out, from the Eel River Bridge I found an AMERICAN DIPPER. Jerry White