Greater Roadrunner

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2012
      2 October 2012 - sorry for the late post but just found out. A non-birder well-described to Lue Owens (long-time Covelo birder) a Greater Roadrunner seen at about mile 17 of the Covelo Road last Saturday 29 Sept., east of Dos Rios and Stewart's Point ... a few sharp curves in the road ... then a left hand turn to start uphill. The bird was on the right shoulder (southside) then ran off downhill. These birds seem to be notorious for not being refound .... Good luck! Good birding. Bob Keiffer

      [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
      Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
      4070 University Rd.
      Hopland, CA 95449
      707-744-1424 ext. 112
      Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00

    • Robert Keiffer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2013
        2 September 2013 - Monday - Dr. Robert Lane just reported to me that he saw a Greater Roadrunner here at the UC Hopland Research & Extension Center last Monday. It was seen in the James III Pasture between the Sargent Cypress grove and the Hog Lake RAWS weather station at 10:30 AM. If anyone wishes to pursue this bird please email me or call me to arrange. Good Birding! Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...> 707-744-1424 ext 112.