Kelsey Creek outlet

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
      In Clear Lake State Park at the outlet earlier today there were 5 Pectoral Sandpipers, 18 Long-billed Dowitchers, 2 Greater Yellowlegs and single COMMON TERN. Jerry White

    • Dave Woodward
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2014
        8/11/14
        This morning a Cattle Egret flew in from the west and landed with the gull flock at the Kelsey Creek outlet in Clear Lake State Park. It stayed about 4 or 5 minutes, then flew back to the west and landed out of sight beyond the tules. At the time of Jerry White's last published update of the county list (Aug. 2012)  there were four county records for the species.

        Also at the outlet today were 1 American Avocet, 5 Semipalmated Plovers, 4 Wilson's Phalaropes, along with Least, Western and Spotted Sandpipers and 2 Caspian Terns.

        David Woodward
        Lakeport
      • Dave Woodward
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 20, 2014
          8/20/14 This afternoon there was one Baird's Sandpiper at the Kelsey Creek outlet. There were also about 70 Least and Western Sandpipers, one Greater Yellowlegs, three Semipalmated Plovers and 9 Caspian Terns.

          David Woodward
          Lakeport
        • Dave Woodward
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28
            6/28/15 There were unusual numbers of shorebirds at the outlet of Kelsey Creek in Clear Lake State Park this morning. This was my first trip out there this year. It is VERY difficult to get there because Clear Lake is still high. I wore waist high waders.

            There was a flock of 64 Willets that circled numerous times and eventually landed where I counted them. They were soon joined by a flock of 55 Western Sandpipers. A flock of 14 Marbled Godwits circled many times, often joined the Willets in flight, but never landed. There was also a single Least Sandpiper and one Killdeer out there.

            David Woodward
            Lakeport