Coastal Birds, 24 Sep

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2012
      Mon, 24 Sep 2012 -- Monday Chuck Vaughn, Karen Havlena, and I birded the
      Mendocino coast, joined by Jerry White for much of the day. Besides the
      immature BLACK-THROATED SPARROW on the road to Usal, the subject of previous
      post, Chuck found a CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER at Cottoneva Creek, and Karen
      found a MAGNOLIA WARBLER at Juan Creek in the willows down the road that
      leads to the East. At Laguna Point there were SOOTY SHEARWATERS very close
      to shore just beyond the breaker zone, and Jerry found a male YELLOW-HEADED
      BLACKBIRD in the parking lot at Lake Cleone.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA