peak time!

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2012
      24 Sept 2012 - For all of you veteran birders this is old news .... But for new-comers to the activity I would just like to point out that usually the last week of September and the first week of October are peak times for southward birds migration ... many times with vagrants that show up. Typically if there is a wind from the north the birds continue to fly as it is energy efficient to do so. But if the wind is from the south many times this forces the migrants to drop to the ground to "wait-it-out" until the wind shifts. Good birding! Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>

      [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
      Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
      4070 University Rd.
      Hopland, CA 95449