Vaux's swifts

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2012
      Did anyone go to Rio Lindo on Tuesday night? I'm wondering how it was. Thinking about going tonight. They haven't posted numbers yet.

      Thanks,

      Kate

    • Richard Kuehn
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2012
        Hey Kate,

        Due to a freakish fall down some steep stairs September 9th, I'm recovering from bilateral quadriceps tendon repair (fewer than 100 cases in the English language journals) at the Apple Valley Post-Acute Rehab Center where one of my doctors advised me yesterday that he'd gone Monday night. He estimated 15,000 - 20,000 Vaux's Swifts that evening with 2 Peregrin Falcons diving through the swirling swoop of birds.

        HTH-Rich Kuehn