Western Migrant Day(s)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16 5:49 PM
      16 Sept 2102 -- Today, I ventured up the Hwy 1 to a few spots.  There may have been an
      Eastern vagrant lurking about, but it did not announce its presence.
      At Chadbourne Gulch:  Many migrants including CASSIN'S VIREO, MacGILLIVRAY'S
      WARBLER, WARBLING VIREO, WILLOW FLYCATCHER, LINCOLN'S SPARROW,
      YELLOW & TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS and COM YELLOWTHROAT.  There was
      not a Wilson's at all in this location.

      Other spots, such as Wages Ck and Juan Ck yielded less than listed above.  So, I decided
      to go to Usal.  It was very slow (cold and foggy).  The only different species I could find
      were WESTERN WOOD-PEWEE and the only WILSON'S WARBLER for the day.

      The imm PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER continues at Virgin Creek beach, according to
      Dorothy Tobkin (from 9/11 JRW).

      I (KHv)  found an AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER in the early morning  (7:15-am) at Virgin
      Creek beach on  9/12.   It was also seen by Richard Hubacek and remained to at least 9/14.
      Sorry for the late report.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, CA