Hudsonian Godwit

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2012
      September 14, 2012
      Fort Bragg, CA

      Late yesterday afternoon (just before 5 p.m.) Hudsonian Godwit at Virgin Creek, main beach, foraging in dry sand. Virgin Creek is just north of Fort Bragg off Highway 1. Photo coming.

      Becky Bowen
      Caspar
    • Robert Keiffer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2012
        15 Spet 2012 - To all that may see the Hudsonian Godwit ...this is a review species by the CBRC. So, please take copious photographs, notes, sketches, drawings, etc. Notes and sketches are best if done "on-the-spot" .... Before referring to references. You can add more details later after checking references ...but describe them as being "after-the-fact". I would like copies of any and all documentation please ... and I can send them into the CBRC if you wish. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>

        [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
        Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
        4070 University Rd.
        Hopland, CA 95449
        707-744-1424 ext. 112
        Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00

      • Ron LeValley
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2012
          Ok, I am being told that this is a pale Marbled Godwit according to Todd
          Easterla and John Sterling. If it is, it is my mistake. I am the one that
          identified it for Becky. If anyone sees this bird and can check out its tail
          and wing pattern, it would be helpful.

          Ron LeValley