Pileated Woodpecker at Lake Cleone

  • carolynkinet
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2012
      Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012. When I was heading towards the boardwalk trail at Lake Cleone a PILEATED WOODPECKER flew over my head towards the Northeast. It landed momentarily on a snag and gave me a nice profile of its head before it flew on in a northerly direction. Walking around the lake I didn't see any of the Warblers seen by Karen Havlena last week so perhaps they have moved on. I did see a WESTERN WOOD PEWEE on the south side of the lake and a flock of CEDAR WAXWINGS among a stand of snaggly pines also on the south side of the lake.

      Carolyn Kinet
      Inglenook, north of Fort Bragg.