Am Redstart &MacGillivray's at Lk Cleone

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2012
      Friday, 7 September 2012 -- A tail-flashing, HY fem. AMERICAN REDSTART was with one of
      two large flocks of western migrants at the east end of Lake Cleone's boardwalk.  The other large
      flock had a MacGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER.  Many WILSON'S, YELLOW, & ORANGE-CROWNED
      WARBLERS, several WARBLING VIREOS & PAC-SLOPE FLYCATCHERS made up the majority
      of other species.   I had one mystery Empid that had a narrow, circular eye ring and a round head.  It
      was only a one second glimpse, and it flew not giving me a chance to see anything else of the bird,
      not even the bill.

      Lake Cleone is in the main section of MacKerricher SP, north of Fort Bragg.  The boardwalk partially
      circles the lake and a willowy area  (east end), with a trail on the south side.  The lake itself now has
      seven PINTAILS, said Richard Hubacek; I saw two of them.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca