Lake and Colusa counties

  • John Luther
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2012
      This afternoon on my drive up to Lake Co my Red Jeep smoothly passed over
      400,000 miles before we got to Borax Lake near the town of Clearlake.  At the
      south end of the lake there was a continuing BLACK-NECKED STILT and a continuing
      MARBLED GODWIT along with over 40 Least and Western Sandpipers and at the north
      end of the lake 22 Red-necked Phalarope.

      Only about 40 miles to the east of Borax Lake in Colusa Co near the town of
      Williams at the pond on Husted Road about .1 mile south of highway 20 there were
      24 Black-necked Stilt, a Black Tern, a Wilson's Phalarope, many dowitcher, Least
      and Western Sandpiper and Greater Yellowlegs.  And it was only 88 degrees
      instead of the 94 degrees at Borax Lake.

      Happy Birding!

      John Luther
      Oakland