RE: [Mendobirds] September Shorebird Weekend Workshop

  • Todd Easterla
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12 11:20 AM
      Shorebirding Class!! COME ONE, COME ALL!

      You are invited to join our very informative shorebird workshop on the
      weekend of September 8th and 9th. This workshop is designed for all levels
      of birding skills, from novice to the more advanced birder. We will cover
      all shorebirds that have occurred in California to-date, as well as those
      that have yet to be discovered and have a strong potential of occurring. As
      part of our discussion, we will review information regarding different
      plumages from, basic to alternate as well as adult vs. juveniles.

      We will also have several field trips to locations that have been recently
      scouted and to areas giving us the best opportunity to see a diversity of
      species and possibly find rarities! The class includes a continental
      breakfast and a DVD of each class lecture with all the images from the class
      that will provide a review for further studies.

      This is already turning out to be a great year for SIBERIAN SHOREBIRDS in
      North America. Early September is just about as good as it gets for finding
      rare and/or unusual shorebirds and there are a great many possibilities for
      what might be seen during this class! If nothing else, should have a great
      time with the leader's fun nature and "gung-ho" style of birding.

      To sign up for the shorebird class and learn more about the details of the
      class, please visit John Sterling's website at the following link:
      www.sterlingbirds.com.

      Hope to see you there!

      Todd Easterla

      P.S. I have many hummingbird feeders at my house, so during breaks we can
      watch for goodies. Right now I have many Rufous, Black-chinned and Anna's.