September Shorebird Weekend Workshop

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2012

      > Todd Easterla and I will once again teach a shorebird identification workshop on the weekend of Sept. 8-9. We'll not only discuss adult vs juvenile plumages of all California species, but will also cover eastern and many of the Siberian species as well, including a few that have yet to be documented in California.
      >
      > See my website for details on a fun weekend. www.sterlingbird.com and click on Birding Classes tab.
      >
      > John
      >
      > John Sterling
      >
      > 26 Palm Ave
      > Woodland, CA 95695
      > 530 908-3836
      > jsterling@...
      >
      > www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

    • Todd Easterla
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2012
        Shorebirding Class!! COME ONE, COME ALL!

        You are invited to join our very informative shorebird workshop on the
        weekend of September 8th and 9th. This workshop is designed for all levels
        of birding skills, from novice to the more advanced birder. We will cover
        all shorebirds that have occurred in California to-date, as well as those
        that have yet to be discovered and have a strong potential of occurring. As
        part of our discussion, we will review information regarding different
        plumages from, basic to alternate as well as adult vs. juveniles.

        We will also have several field trips to locations that have been recently
        scouted and to areas giving us the best opportunity to see a diversity of
        species and possibly find rarities! The class includes a continental
        breakfast and a DVD of each class lecture with all the images from the class
        that will provide a review for further studies.

        This is already turning out to be a great year for SIBERIAN SHOREBIRDS in
        North America. Early September is just about as good as it gets for finding
        rare and/or unusual shorebirds and there are a great many possibilities for
        what might be seen during this class! If nothing else, should have a great
        time with the leader's fun nature and "gung-ho" style of birding.

        To sign up for the shorebird class and learn more about the details of the
        class, please visit John Sterling's website at the following link:
        www.sterlingbirds.com.

        Hope to see you there!

        Todd Easterla

        P.S. I have many hummingbird feeders at my house, so during breaks we can
        watch for goodies. Right now I have many Rufous, Black-chinned and Anna's.