Nice Lucerne Cutoff: White-faced Ibis and Willet

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2012
      Just to add to Jerry White's and Calvin Lou's reports: I was there at 9:30 this morning until 10:15. The Ibis and Willet were present the whole time. I also saw 11 Great Egrets, 5 Long-billed Dowitchers and two Western Sandpipers, and some peeps I could not get a good look at. I returned at 11:45 and the WF Ibis and Willet were still there. I never did see any Phalaropes. I guess I just missed the other birders.

      At Rodman Slough I saw a Cassin's Vireo. But, the neatest thing to me were the thousands of Western & Clark's Grebes on the Lake. The noise and sight is wonderful.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah