Lake County Shorebirds

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2012
      I checked out the pond again from the Nice-Lucerne Cutoff road at about 10:30 AM today. Far fewer birds but the WILLET and the WHITE-FACED IBIS were still there. Jerry White

    • Jerry White
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21 1:35 PM
        In addition to the birds reported earlier Steve also identified a  BAIRD'S SANDPIPER. There was also a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER that I first found yesterday and was able to confirm today. The bird was seen well by Dave Woodward, Steve and I. Other interesting shorebirds were at least 2 SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHERS and 4 Semipalmated Plovers.  Jerry White