Elegant Terns at MCBG

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18 8:06 PM
      Wednesday, July 18 2012 - On this morning's birdwalk through the
      Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, we observed two large terns with
      slender wings, flying overhead toward the south. D. Tobkin tentatively
      identified them as ELEGANT TERNS. By lucky chance a pair of Caspian
      Terns also came by a little later for comparison, confirming Toby's
      call. This is a new species for the MCBG list.

      Cheers,
      Tim Bray
      Albion