American White Pelicans

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
      Yesterday afternoon, ( 5 Jan) on the lower arm of Clear Lake, the pelicans
      had a swimming parade. It was a mile long, streching from Baylis Point to
      Jensen Point, and must have contained at least 500 of these great birds.
      What a beautiful sight!

      Janet Swedberg,
      Redbud Audubon
    • Janet Swedberg by way of chaniot@pacifi
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2004
        For about a week now, all the residents and weekenders in the vicinity of
        Jago Bay have been totally amazed and fascinated seeing the hundreds of AW
        Pelicans feeding on the shad (we think) They are accompanied by large
        numbers of small gulls, I believe Bonapartes, and some cormorants. On
        Friday, we think every one of the 758 counted last year at Christmas Bird
        Count were in Jago Bay in one huge flapping feeding mass.

        Janet Swedberg
        cottage@...