July 15th pelagic trip opportunity

  • Robert Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2012
      15 June 2012 - Friday - I am organizing the second and final Peregrine Audubon Society pelagic birding trip that was grant-subsidized by the Mendocino County Fish & Game Commission to explore Mendocino pelagic waters during months of little or no current data. July is a month suggested by Peter Pyle as a possible good month to explore the waters ....probably few birds but we may find some unusual ones if we reach warm waters, so the chosen date is SUNDAY JULY 15th.

      I asked the folks who participated on the November 2011 trip ...to give them first opportunity, and I have filled 17 of the spots. I am going to have to charge $65 per person in order to pay expenses and break even as I do not want the PAS to lose $$ on the venture. DO NOT SEND MONEY YET!!!!!

      I am limiting the boat to 24 participants which includes 20 paying participants and 4 paid leaders. The leaders should be Peter Pyle, Ron LeValley, Todd Easterla, and Rob Fowler.... All superb pelagic leaders. And like I said ...I have 7 participant spots left.

      I am now extending the invitation to "Mendobirds community" to fill those seven spots. IMPORTANT: I am going to take "first-come-first-serve" reservations via email starting at 8:00 PM this evening. The requests must be submitted to my work email address: rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...> This will give most the opportunity to see the message and respond according .... I will go by the time receipt of the message to me (beginning at 8:00PM tonight).

      I will let you know on Monday if you were within the first 7 to respond. DO NOT RESPOND TO MENDOBIRDS ...BUT RATHER TO MY WORK ADDRESS AS STATED ABOVE. Make sure that I get your email address, phone number, cell phone number, and mailing address. On Monday I will provide the lucky seven with instructions for payment and other details.

      The trip is basically the same as last time ...Telstar Charter Boat with Captain Randy Thornton. Out of Noyo .... PROBABLY a 7:30 AM to 3:30 or 4:00 PM trip. Again, Sunday, July 15th. I am hoping for participants who are truly interested in pelagic birds and/or marine mammals. This should NOT be a trip for newcomers who just want to see what it is like out there.

      Cheers. & Good Birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>

      [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
      Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
      4070 University Rd.