Pelagic Trips For MENDO Birders

  • DEBRA SHEARWATER
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2012
      Howdy, Mendo County Seabirders,

      Below, you will find the email which was recently sent to various lists, in case you are interested in those trips.

      For MENDOCINO County birders, Shearwater Journeys would like to offer the following discount on the AUGUST 24 & 25 pelagic trips, departing from Noyo Harbor on the Trek II: Mendo discount of $55 per person for new reservations only. The rate would be $143 per person, discounted from $198. Discount may not be combined with any other offers, and is not refundable for any reason. Please send your reservation along with the date(s) of the trip, your full name, snail mail address, email and phone numbers to Shearwater Journeys, PO Box 190, Hollister, CA 95024.

      LEADERS: We have a terrific team of leaders.
      August 24: JON DUNN, TODD MCGRATH, LISA HUG, DEBI SHEARWATER
      August 25: PETER PYLE, TODD MCGRATH, LISA HUG, DEBI SHEARWATER

      Currently, I am on board a vessel in the Baltic Sea. I can be reached by email, although it may be slow.
      Petrels forever,
      Debi Shearwater

      All the best & hope to see you "out there," along with the Hawaiian Petrels!
      If you long to hear the "beep" of a pink-footed shearwater as it lands in the wake, or witness the dynamic soaring of a black-footed albatross � Shearwater Journeys has some 36 trips on offer this year, spanning July 28 through November 20, the most extensive offering of pelagic trips on the West coast. We welcome newcomers and regulars alike. The friendly, inclusive atmosphere of our trips, legendary leaders and a host of "rare" seabird records for both California and North America, has contributed to over three decades of success.

      Continuing the tradition of offering pelagic trips from Monterey since 1976, the Shearwater Journeys' full schedule can be found at:
      http://www.shearwaterjourneys.com/schedule.shtml
      Note that spaces are currently available on all trips, except for the September 30th Farallon Islands trip which is SOLD OUT.
      Limited spaces are available on some trips. Please book early.

      Shearwater Journeys' trips cover the following California Counties: Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Mateo, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Mendocino, and sometimes, Humboldt. Some trips cover two counties in one day.

      For more information on our Monterey Bay, Monterey Seavalley and Albacore trips, please see:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/06/monterey-seabirds-with-shearwater.html

      For more information about our departures from Half Moon Bay, which are very convenient for folks who live in the San Francisco, East Bay and San Jose areas, please see:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/05/half-moon-bay-seabird-trips.html

      For more information about our August 5th trip to the Farallon Islands, departing from Sausalito, please see:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html
      Limited spaces are still available on this departure.

      Since 1980, we have offered outstanding trips departing from Bodega Bay. Please see this link for information:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/05/cordell-bank-bodega-canyon-seabird.html

      For more information about our departures from Fort Bragg, targeting the Hawaiian Petrel, please see:
      http://shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com/2012/05/fort-bragg-seabird-trips.html

      Whether you are a beginner, or an old salt, there is something for everyone. Every year is different. Let's see what's out there this fall. Its crazy, but I dreamed we saw a light-mantled albatross last night!

      Shearwaters forever,
      Debi

      DEBRA SHEARWATER
      Shearwater Journeys, Inc.
      PO Box 190
      Hollister, CA 95024
      831.637.8527
      debi@...
      www.shearwaterjourneys.com
      www.shearwaterjourneys.blogspot.com

      High Arctic: Polar Bears, Walrus & Seabirds: 8 - 18 July 2013, charter with Debi